NEED MORE INFORMATION?
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
If there are any questions and you require individual consultation, please contact us.
+371 6666 3041
Advantages of modular/volumetric construction
TIME IS MONEY
“Offsite construction has many advantages, but the clearest and most frequently cited advantage is the speed of construction… Speed of construction confers a major financial advantage on the building developer in the form of reduced financing costs… and improved cash-flow“. Buildoffsite, June 2013
Factory-based assembly process ensures the highest quality
- Units manufactured under factory controlled conditions
- Production unaffected by adverse weather allowing for year round building
- Materials are not exposed to weather conditions, providing the highest quality and geometrical perfection
- Method of construction offers superior structural strength
- Timber frame construction uses certified planed timber with moisture content of 18% conforming to group C24 or B durability as per LVS (Latvian State Standard) 184:2000
- Modules meet appropriate country regulations
- Construction guaranteed for a minimum of 50 years.
Controlled production costs
- Modular construction allows for controlled production costs because of the greater predictability of the manufacturing process.
Build period cut by 30% – 50%
- Build times are reduced by 30% – 50%, compared to conventional construction methods.
Case study – Nordic Homes student accommodation project in Liverpool (United Kingdom)
A building of 95 modules on four floors with a GLA (Gross Leasable Area) of 2 200 m2 was assembled in three weeks.
Project duration comparison between modular and traditional construction
Improved energy efficiency
Due to off-site construction Nordic Homes is able to deliver buildings with very high standards of thermal insulation, air tightness and soundproofing.